Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Like a Child

We recently went on our church's bi-annual church camping trip. This year we went to Tyler State Park, without a doubt, the most beautiful park in Texas we have visited so far. The weather was perfect, crisp in the morning, warm in the afternoon, and cold at night.

On Saturday morning, I was zipped up in my tent, talking to my daughter and trying to get my sweet granddaughter to take a nap. She, however, was more interested in rolling around on my air mattress. Suddenly, a sweet voice yelled, "Hello. Can I come in?" I unzipped the tent to find a precious little four-year-old girl that I had never seen before. She was from our church; her family's campsite was across the trail from ours, but since we were all from the church, she, like the other kids, felt safe visiting the other tents, and she knew my daughter.

After talking with her awhile, I was called away. My daughter stayed to visit with the precious little girl, but then she had to leave to tend to my grandson. Unsure what to do, she told the little girl that she needed to leave the tent and asked if she wanted to leave too.

The precious little girl replied, "No, I'm ok here. Jesus is with me."

Oh for the faith of a child.

For those of you concerned about her wandering around the campground, about five minutes later her mom, who had apparently been calling her name, snatched her up to return to her camp.

No comments: