Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Something for Nothing

I love a good contest. One of my bloggity friends, through Christian Women Online, is giving away a free Coach purse and glasses case that she does not use. That is such a fun contest, and don't we all like to get something for nothing? Click here to learn more about the contest.

Recently I wrote about putting on my winter coat for the first time last winter and pulling a $50.00 bill out of the pocket. Technically, that is not something for nothing since I was probably the one who put it there last year, but since it was totally unexpected it still felt that way.

My husband has an amazing knack for being at the right place at the right time. Several times in his life, he has looked down and found money on the ground. Once, he was walking into a store and a $20.00 bill slapped him in the leg. There was no one around so he was unable to see who might have dropped it.

I can't tell you how many times we have been driving on the freeway just to have him whip over to the shoulder, come to a screeching halt, put it in reverse (still on the shoulder, thankfully), open his door, and pick up a tool lying in the ditch, or a wallet full of money and no ID.

This man, who on any given day cannot find his own wallet, belt, glasses, or car keys, can spot a wrench lying in a ditch while driving 60 miles per hour on the inside lane.

As for me, I have never won anything, just money in my pocket that I put there in the first place. Except for him, that is. I won him 31 years ago and have been celebrating my good fortune ever since!


1 comment:

Erica said...

Awwww... that is so sweet :P (the last comment)